HCC Pharmacy Consulting Client Receives VIPPS Accreditation:
Recently a South Florida client requested Healthcare Consultants to provide Pharmacy Consultation assistance in regards to obtaining VIPPS accreditation. HCC provided our client an Experienced Consultant Pharmacist to assist with the mounds of paperwork and discovery required. After we completed the assignment, we received correspondence from our client that everything was in order and approved.
VIPPS (also known as The Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites) accredits online pharmacies that dispense prescription drugs. VIPPS requires an Internet pharmacy to comply with the licensing and survey requirements of its state and each state to which it dispenses pharmaceuticals. VIPPS-accredited pharmacies meet nationally endorsed standards of pharmacy practice, and they demonstrate compliance with standards of privacy and authentication and security of prescriptions, adhere to quality assurance policy, and provide meaningful consultation between patients and pharmacists.
VIPPS pharmacy sites display the VIPPS Seal on their websites and offers a client a way to be verified as legitimate. The Seal is a key benchmark for consumers to measure the quality of a pharmacy’s practice, and by clicking on the VIPPS Seal, they are able to access verified information about the pharmacy.
Here is a quick overview of the VIPPS Accreditation Process:
– Submit an application, required documentation, and specified fees to NABP
– NABP reviews policies and procedures to ensure adherence to VIPPS criteria
– NABP verifies the pharmacy’s license status
– NABP performs an on-site survey
VIPPS Accreditation Maintenance Overview
– Once accredited, an annual review and three-year reaccreditation are performed.
– To ensure continued compliance, all VIPPS-accredited sites are surveyed once every three years.
– Policies and procedures may be required to be submitted and re-reviewed as part of annual compliance requirements, reaccreditation, or if the scope of the pharmacy changes (ie, ownership, location, types of products offered).
If you are considering obtaining VIPPS accreditation, we urge you to contact Healthcare Consultants today! HCC is a full service Pharmacy Consulting firm that has been in business for over 25 years helping pharmacies plan, prepare and deal with business issues. HCC is owned and operated by pharmacists who are experts in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in all areas of Pharmacy practice. It is also a good opportunity for you to ensure that your pharmacy is in compliance with all state licensing requirements and to have all of your pharmacies’ policies and procedures reviewed by experts. Contact us on line or call us today for a Free Consultation at 800-642-1652 to discuss how we can help you.