Sterile Compounding Pharmacist 503B – Tampa FL Area
Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing is seeking a well-qualified Florida Sterile Compounding Pharmacist who has a strong background with USP797, USP800 and the provisions of FDC 503B; for the position of Sterile Compounding Pharmacist 503B in the Tampa, FL area.
Position provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Qualifications and Expectations:
• Recent 5 years’ experience in sterile compounding of hazardous and non-hazardous drugs.
• Strong knowledge of USP797/800 sterile compounding and hazardous drugs regulations.
• Strong knowledge and familiarity of working with FDA, DEA and Pharmacy Boards.
• Maintain compliance with FDA 503B and cGMP guidelines / state and federal laws.
• Responsible for QA.
• Perform and record various quality control activities including end product sterility testing and media fill.
• Ability to supervise technicians and establish priorities of work flow.
• Monitoring/maintaining drug inventories and preparing orders for drugs and related supplies.
• Thorough understanding and competency with aseptic technique and safe handling of hazardous drugs.
• Organize assigned workload to facilitate its accomplishments.
• Utilize and develop techniques and processes that improve efficiency.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Ability to make Quality decisions related to maintenance of aseptic conditions within clean rooms with a focus on Sterility Assurance during manufacturing operations.
• Manages the on-time release of batches.
• Manages the on-time initiation and closure of Deviations / Investigations, CAPAs, Change Controls with thorough standardized supporting documentation.
• Manages others to ensure appropriate SOPs and training documents are in place & effective.
• Prepares and submits weekly/monthly reports, prepares metrics and trends data to identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities
• Manages others to maintain site documents supporting the commercial manufacturing & release of sterile injectable products.
• Manages the design and implementation of site policies and procedures.
• Escalates to VP of Quality critical issues jeopardizing manufacturing & release of a safe & effective product that meets regulatory requirements.
• Promptly communicates with Operations regarding complaints, product issues/variances.
• Enforces applicable personnel policies and procedures
• Have a cooperative attitude with fellow employees.
• Must be a team player.
Please contact Linton Creel, Senior Recruiter regarding this opportunity.