If you are planning on opening up and starting a new pharmacy, then HCC is the pharmacy consulting firm that you need. Having been in the business for over 27 years, HCC has helped our clients with successful pharmacy startups throughout the United States. Whether you are starting up a new pharmacy or purchasing an existing one, our experienced in-house pharmacy consultants will be with you “every step of the way” during the startup phase. We will meet with you and analyze your proposed business model to understand the financial aspects of opening your pharmacy. We will present to you our objective advice, concerns, and recommendations so that you can make an informed decision regarding your pharmacy start-up project. Whether you are opening a new pharmacy, expanding into new areas or modifying an existing pharmacy, our specialists can efficiently guide you through this difficult process.
HCC can assist you with a comprehensive range of services from the planning stages to the opening of your new pharmacy. We can also provide you with quality assistance in just the areas you may require help in to ensure a successful pharmacy startup. We will assist you in the application process, provide a pharmacy manager for the application and inspection, evaluate your proposed business location, offer design suggestions, provide a list of supplies and equipment required for a successful Board of Pharmacy inspection, suggest vendors for these items, and arrange for the final inspection of the facility.
There are numerous factors to consider in the planning, execution and long term success of building, opening and maintaining a new pharmacy business. The planning and execution are really the keys to a smooth pharmacy operation being opened and becoming a successful business. Some of the considerations and tasks that are required as part of HCC’s project assessment for a successful pharmacy start-up include:
– The creation and review of a business plan
– Guidance regarding type of corporation to form – Limited Liability or LLC, C-Corporation, S-Corporation, Sole Proprietorship or a General partnership
– Evaluation of proposed business location and assistance with site selection (of course most experts agree that this is perhaps the most important consideration of them all)
– Provide contractor’s guidance during the build out of the pharmacy startup
– Startup cost estimates – including prescription and OTC medication inventory costs, plus items such as equipment, signage, advertising, insurance, security, etc.
– Assistance in obtaining financing
– Floor plan and work flow design
– Assistance and guidance with the DEA & State Board of Pharmacy application process (HCC acts as a liaison to your State Board of Pharmacy and local ACHA inspectors)
– Provide Policy and Procedure manuals
– Provide Continuance Quality Improvement (CQI) manual
– Hiring of a Prescription Department Manager (PDM) for both the application process (during the pre-inspection period) and the inspection
– Purchasing the equipment and supplies (for both the Board of Pharmacy inspection and the actual pharmacy operations)
– Security assessment and recommendations
– Arrange and facilitate the final inspection of the facility (including a mock-inspection)
– Provide Board of Pharmacy required internal signs and postings
– Vendor selection
– Obtaining legal support
– Staffing (not only the pharmacist, but technicians and ancillary staff such as cashiers and other support personnel)
HCC can handle this all for you! From the inception to the opening of your new pharmacy, HealthCare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing will be your partner. Whether you need help with just certain activities or assistance with all aspects of the process, HCC has a 27 year history of successful pharmacy startup experience. This includes all types of pharmacy startups in addition to the traditional independent retail community pharmacies that are opening nationally at a rapid pace. HCC has experience in all pharmacy startups such as Specialty Pharmacies, Compounding Pharmacies, Closed System Pharmacies, IV Pharmacies, Mail-Order and Internet Pharmacies, plus many others.
Also keep in mind that HCC is a “long term partner” with our clients, so we can assist you once your pharmacy is operating with ongoing services that you may need help with. Just some of the services that we provide for our clients include:
– Pharmacist staffing
– Staff training
– Biennial inventories
– Review & development of specialized or customized policies and procedures
– Compliance reviews such as CQI & HIPAA
– Pre-inspection audits with corrective analysis
– Assistance with hiring and interview process of new employees
– Work flow and efficiency reviews
– Provide expert witness and opinion to assist legal counsel
– Pharmacy expansion (plan review, analysis and implementation)
– Pharmacy license renewals
– Evaluation and correction of ACHA identified deficiencies
If you are considering building, purchasing or expanding an existing pharmacy operation, we urge you to get in touch with us today. We offer you the support of an experienced staff who have been through the process many times and know the business inside and out! Whether you are a seasoned business professional with experience opening new pharmacies or simply considering a pharmacy venture as a new experience as a business investment, Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing can help you. With over 27 years of experience, we have helped hundreds of business owners (pharmacists and non-pharmacists) establish and start new successful pharmacy practices over the years. To learn more about how we may best assist you, contact us online or call us today at 800-642-1652 to discuss how we can help you.