Tips For Pharmacists Regarding Switching Pharmacy Jobs:
As a national leader in Pharmacy Staffing for over 27 years, HealthCare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing provides tips for Pharmacists to find the right job in the right place. We talk with Pharmacists daily that are considering switching positions for a variety of reasons. However, before actually making a switch, consider that perhaps simply “re-energizing” yourself first about what motivates you in practicing Pharmacy may be a good idea. In a recent article in Pharmacy Times, Theresa Morrow, PharmD gives some great advice regarding some things we all can do to “re-energize” ourselves as Pharmacists in general.
Here are some of her suggestions that you may want to consider trying:
1. Attend a CE Class – Many of us do our CE online or from a Pharmacy publication. Consider attending a CE class and meeting some new people or spending time with old friends. The social aspect of attending may stimulate you and reconnect you with our Pharmacy profession. If not a CE class, perhaps a business class or another area of interest may do the trick of “re-energizing” you.
2. Attend a Conference – There are numerous national, state and local conferences always going on. Meet some new people, learn about new opportunities and remember to have a good time. Many Pharmacists find that they can get both a vacation (maybe with your family also going?) and come back to work in a “re-energized” mood after attending.
3. Network with Local Pharmacists – Find pharmacists in your area who are willing to get together once a month or quarterly. Maybe it’s as simple as a regularly scheduled get together for dinner or drinks. Find some like-minded professionals interested in learning more about the industry, and take time to talk through your experiences. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from others.
4. Read – Sometimes getting “re-energized” can be as simple as just reading! Learn about areas of Pharmacy that may interest you or perhaps find a “self help” book to get stimulated to take some positive action. Whatever you personally find interesting, there’s a book, blog, forum or article out there for you read.
5. Talk It Out – Before making any major decisions, take the time to discuss your options with a close friend or family member. Lunch or dinner with a peer can never hurt. Perhaps choose a trusted adviser in another Pharmacy role and find out their views regarding the pros and cons regarding their job and employer. It never hurts to hear it directly “from the horses mouth”.
6. Try it out if you can – If you are perhaps considering changing from your current Pharmacy job to another, maybe look into picking up a shift in a similar setting. Considering switching from Retail Pharmacy to Hospital Pharmacy? See if you can pick up a shift in a local Hospital Pharmacy and “test drive” the job before you switch.
If you are considering a Pharmacy job change, remember that whatever setting a pharmacist is looking to work in, HCC can help you! Our pharmacy positions and staffing availability cover all aspects of job types: retail, hospital, clinical and specialty pharmacies. Pharmacy staffing and job placement are our primary business now for over 27 years. Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing deals with all aspects of matching pharmacists to jobs in every type of situation. This includes filling short term pharmacy positions and temporary jobs, as well as permanent and long term placements. We also can help with temp-to-permanent situations. We offer solutions for almost every type of pharmacy job you may be looking for:
– Compounding pharmacy and pharmacist
– Nursing Home & Long Term Care pharmacy and pharmacist
– Institutional (prisons and jails) pharmacy and pharmacist
– Hospice pharmacy and pharmacist
– Mail-order pharmacy and pharmacist
– Home health pharmacy and pharmacist
– Respiratory pharmacy and pharmacist
– IV pharmacy and pharmacist
– Nuclear pharmacy and pharmacist
– Home infusion pharmacy and pharmacist
If you are a pharmacist looking for a new position (or simply looking for part time opportunities to earn more cash), we urge you to talk with us. With placement positions immediately available, contact us today online or call us at 800-642-1652 to get started.