Pharmacy startups & expansions have been on the rise recently. Here are several recent examples of new pharmacies being planned or existing pharmacies being expanded or renovated:
– DaVita Rx announced the opening of its new Orlando, Florida Pharmacy. DaVita Rx is a full-service pharmacy created for patients with complex conditions such as kidney disease. The new facility triples DaVita Rx’s square footage inFlorida from 17,000 sq. ft. to 50,000 sq. ft., adds customer service and clinical operations to the existing dispensing operations, and increases capacity from 35 to 225 teammates.
– In Kenosha, Wisconsin a new pharmacy is being opened downtown where the Walgreens left several years ago. The renovated building will house a new independent pharmacy in the downtown area where residents have had no place to get their prescriptions filled.
– In LaGrange, Georgia the Medicine Cabinet plans on opening a new pharmacy early next year. This will be the third location for the independently owned local pharmacy company. It is important to note that although a CVS Pharmacy is expected to open also next year across the street from its new pharmacy, the Medicine Cabinet’s owners feel that customers will support the locally owned business!
– In Ashtabula, Ohio the Community Counseling Center celebrated the opening of a full-service, on-site pharmacy earlier this month. Having an on-site pharmacy allows clients of Community Counseling to have their prescriptions filled before they leave their appointments, increasing the chances they will take their medications as they are supposed to.
– Good Day Pharmacy in Colorado expanded with the addition of a new Breast Care Center last week. The Breast Care Center provides a “boutique-like” atmosphere that offers pre-surgery & post-surgery consultations. This includes product information and options to help prepare women with breast cancer, women going through a mastectomy, and breast augmentation surgeries.
Starting,opening or expanding a pharmacy is a task that most people cannot or do not want to do on their own. There are many factors to consider in the planning, execution and long-term success of building, opening and maintaining a new pharmacy business. Planning and execution are keys to a smooth pharmacy operation being opened and becoming a successful business. Some of the considerations and tasks that Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing can provide include:
– Creation and review of a business plan
– Evaluation of proposed business location
– Design recommendations
– Obtaining financing
– Assistance and guidance in the application process
– Provide a Pharmacy Manger for both the application process and inspection
– Provide a list of equipment and supplies (both for the Board of Pharmacy inspection and the actual pharmacy operations)
– Make arrangements for the final inspection of the facility (including a mock-inspection)
– Suggestions for vendors
– Provide legal support
– Provide staffing
If you are considering building, purchasing or expanding an existing pharmacy operation, we strongly urge you to get in touch with us today for a free consultation. We offer you the support of an experienced staff who have been through the process many times and know the business inside and out! Whether you are a seasoned business professional with experience opening new pharmacies or simply considering a pharmacy venture as a new experience as a business investment, HCC can help. With over 25 years’ experience, Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing can help you. We have helped hundreds of business owners (pharmacists and non-pharmacists) establish new pharmacy practices over the years. Contact us on line or call us today for a Free Consultation at 800-642-1652 to discuss how we can help you.