Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing (HCC) is seeking a qualified; Texas licensed Pharmacist for a full-time job opportunity with an established Pharmacy in the Houston, Texas area.
The Pharmacist in Charge provides high quality care to meet departmental goals; the Pharmacist in Charge responsibly and cost effectively manages equipment, supplies and ancillary services; the Pharmacist in Charge establishes communication and maintains good working relationships with Pharmacy Technicians and office personnel to facilitate quality customer service.
– Screens drug orders for drug interactions and incompatibilities.
– Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
– Instructs patients on proper use of their medications.
– Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and counseling customers on drug therapies.
– Consults with physicians as necessary to clarify medication orders.
– Assists in pharmacy inspections.
– Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
– Exhibiting effective verbal and written communication and tele-management skills by supporting clinical questions which may include on and off-label information via verbal consultation, clinical medical letters, and literature search and analysis.
– Conversing with callers in an empathetic manner and facilitating dialogue with the customers to help them understand medical terminology, as needed.
– Must safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality by following the guidelines set forth in the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
– Maintains current registration, studies existing and new legislation, anticipates legislation, and advises management on needed actions.
– Updates reference books, treatment authorization requests and non-formulary drug lists.
– Notifies appropriate persons when stock levels become low.
– Keeps records of drugs, poisons and narcotics as required by federal and state law.
– Accurately collecting information required by individual programs in a timely manner and correctly captures in specific program databases.
– Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
– Checks the work of Pharmacy Technician as required.
– Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
– Protects customers and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
– Displaying flexibility within department to maximize utilization, including performing administrative and non-telecommunication duties, as needed.
-Possessing effective organizational skills, including possibly working on multiple projects simultaneously.
– Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspection.
– Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
– Pleasant telephone manner and excellent telephonic service skills
– Ability to work both independently and within a group setting
– Results oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to work cross-functionally
– Must have at least 5 years of Retail Pharmacy experience
– Knowledge of Pharmacy Management Software (Pioneer RX) EDUCATION
– Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree
– Active Pharmacy License
Please forward your detailed resume to Linton today.
Linton G Creel
Healthcare Consultants Pharmacy Staffing